Lower Buckeye Road area - west of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, 1956.
St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church (Cleveland, Ohio)
Buckeye Road (Cleveland)
Photograph taken by a City of Cleveland building inspector in 1956 showing retail stores on the south side of Buckeye Road two blocks west of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church. The "x" on the photograph identifies a vacant building at 8816 Buckeye Road that was formerly occupied by Sun Theater, a local neighborhood theater. Sun Theater showed moving and then motion pictures at this location since at least from 1930 until approximately 1954.
The Cleveland Public Library NEA Picture Collection
Image, JPEG, 801 Kb
Image Item Type Metadata